Give your Kayak that professional look with these hatch covers. Each consists of two parts: a rigid flange ring that mounts to the deck of your boat, and a softer "rubbery" cover that closes to a water tight fit.
All these hatches have 1/8" thick flanges with about 1/4" of space between the top of the flange and the bottom of the cover.
Note: Each cover has a tab with two holes to attach a lanyard, but no lanyard is included.
8" Round - 1 lb - 1 oz
10" Round - 1 lb 4 oz
Small Oval - 2 lbs 9 oz
Large Oval - 3 lbs
Here is the Sea-Lect boilerplate:
Ensure your valuables remain safe, secure, and dry below deck with SEA-LECT Designs kayak hatches, which stand up to the test of time and conditions.
What makes SEA-LECT Designs hatches stand out:
- Our hatches are made of injection-molded polycarbonate and high-grade rubber for strength and durability. Special UV protection shields against sun damage, and all hatches are sealed with TPU, which provides superior resistance to impact, abrasions and tears regardless of the conditions and weather.
- Dome-shaped hatches allow water to siphon off while providing extra room below.
- Snap-on, snap-off design fits snugly, yet provides easy acces
More from Sea-Lect about sizes:
Will Our Hatches Fit Your Kayak?
Here at SEA-LECT Designs, we manufacture hatches designed to fit the most popular kayak hatch sizes, or the sizes that are often associated with hatches manufactured by
Kajak Sport and/or Valley Sea Kayaks. If you boat does not have a hatch designed in these measurement, unfortunately you will need to contact your kayaks original manufacturer to see about a replacement.
HOW TO KNOW IF OUR HATCHES WILL FIT YOUR BOAT
1) Confirm your hatch attaches with an aftermarket, bolt-on and/or glue-on, mounting rim.
The mounting rim is the single most crucial part to ensuring a watertight seal – it provides standardization in sizing. In many instance, especially in the case of many plastic boats, the mounting rim is a molded-in section of the boat, interacting as a single piece with the hull. If this is the case, we’re sorry to say that more often than not our hatches won’t provide a good seal since the lip on these rims are usually too rounded to ‘click’ into place.
2) If you have a bolt-on and/or glue-on rim, find the measurements for the outside of the rim’s lip.
In the hatch descriptions below, we provide the essential measurement to determine if our hatches will fit your boat – simply measure to the outside of the rims lip, and compare (please note, the lip is the portion of the rim that sticks above the kayak, not the area that attaches to the kayak – the rims lip will be slightly narrower than the overall length/width of the hatch).
* Excludes tab
Just received the hatches and I am absolutely pumped! The 9x17 hatch is awesome! I wasn't expecting it to be so high quality with the rigid center and rubberized outer edge. I wish it was predrilled, but I can operate a drill... Thanks for offering great products at a great price!
Dan St. Gean
Here is the small, oval hatch installed on one of the amas of
Dan's boat at the 2009 Texas200