There are two versions of this clever HEPA filtered dust mask: a dual filter mask for greater volume and a single, lightweight version that you can put on in a second. I forget now who suggested these resporators but thanks! I contacted the manufacturer and found that they were actually a small business not unlike us. They are great folks to do business with and I found their products, while not like anything else out there, work very well and compared to conventional equipment are light and inexpensive.
Resp-O-Rator Model JR-7
1. HEPA filters
2. Totally latex free
3. Visibility in all directions.
4. No batteries to charge or replace.
5. No straps to contend with or snag hair.
6. Can even be worn with a full head ski mask.
7. Cannot build up condensation in valve chamber.
8. Can be worn with full facial hair and skin deformities.
9. Lightweight, one size fits all, simple to put on and take off.
10. No noisy little fans that humm, buzz or require maintenance.
11. Residual (rebreathed) air in valve chamber is less than 30 cc.
12. Downward exhaust discharge will not fog glasses or face shields.
13. Can be worn with full-face shields, safety goggles and most welding helmets.
14. Has a stand-by position so that it does not have to be removed to drink or speak.
15. Filters are located behind the head, drawing air usually from a cleaner environment.
16. Compatible with hearing aids, hearing protection (ear muffs and plugs), and headsets.
The Finest in
Latex = Latex Free Size = One Size Fits All Filter Media Color = White Residual Air = Less Than 30 Cubic Centimeters Total Weight of the Resp-O-Rator = Under 7 Ounces Tubing = Clear Vinyl, Food/Water Low-Pressure Use Clear Clean Air Tubing For Visual Filtering Inspection Breakaway Air Sockets and Nose Clip Tether for Safety Filtering Efficiency = Over 99.97% Down To 0.3 Microns Approximate Physical Size = 9” Wide x 12” Long x 4.25” High Type = Modified Mouthpiece, HEPA Dust Filter, With Nose Clip Filter Media Type = For Nuisance Type Particulates Not Containing Oil Exhaust Valve = Accordion Pleated, Individually Factory Pressure Tested Weight of the Mouthpiece on Mouth, In The Use Position = About 1.5 Ounces Filter Media Area = Total For Both Two Sided Cartridges, Over 45 Square Inches
Resp-O-Rator Jr. Model 100
1. Totally latex free.
2. Does not build up condensation.
3. Total visibility in every direction.
4. Will not fog glasses or safety goggles.
5. No straps to contend with or snag air.
6. No hot, stale, moist, air against your face.
7. Can even be worn with a full head ski mask.
8. Lightweight, one size fits all, simple and easy to use.
9. Can be worn with full facial hair and skin deformities.
10. Residual (rebreathed) air in plenum chamber is less than 35 cc.
11. Compatible with hearing protection (ear muffs & plugs),
hearing aids, and headsets.
Independently lab tested and shown to exceed N95 filtering capabilities
The Finest in
Filter Media and Plenum Color = White Breakaway Tethered Nose Clip for Safety Features Replaceable Filter and Mouthpiece Residual Air = Less Than 35 Cubic Centimeters Filtering Efficiency = Over 97% Down To 0.3 Microns Total Weight of the Resp-O-Rator Jr.™ = Under 1 Ounces Approximate Physical Size = 4.2” Wide x 4.2” High x 1.75” Long Filter Media Area, Per Cartridge, Two Sided = Over 22 Square Inches Filter Media Type = For Nuisance Type Particulates Not Containing Oil Type = Modified Mouthpiece, Particulate Filter, With Tethered Nose Clip
Click the image below for a product review by Gary Lansinger as published in Woodturning Design - Spring 2004.
Chuck, the Resp-O-Rator Jr-7 and other stuff got here today, usual quick service, thanks. Should have gotten one of the Resp-O-Rators when they first came out, it’s slick.
I wrote to Sandra yesterday to thank her for the last order I received, and I mentioned how happy I am with the Resp-O-Rator I bought from you. It solves about 95% of my breathing protection issues, and I will be recommending it strongly.
I got one of the resp-o-rator Jr. masks a while ago and it works great for sanding since I have a beard. I contacted the guy who makes them and told him he should see about selling them through your site because I'll bet there are a lot of other boat builders with beards out there. He told me he contacted you before you left for New Zealand and that you might be considering carrying them when you got back. I'm planning on purchasing some more of them both as back ups around my shop and to give to friends and I'd like to buy them through your site if you are considering selling them.
Thank you for your wonderful site! I've got the planking done on my Welsford Rogue and I owe a lot of my actually finally building a boat to you for the work you've done in making boat building accessible and showing what other people have done. It is inspiring to be connected to this boat building community thanks to your site!
Here is a question from a customer:
I was just about to place an order for a few items, one being a resp-o-rator, but I'm confused about the replacement filters. Duxterity offers two different kinds of filter. One is a hepa filter (99% efficient) which fits the JR-7, and the other is only 97% efficient, and fits the Resp-O-Rator Jr.. I would like to order the larger model (JR-7), with the hepa filters. Does the "Two Pack Replacement Filter" you offer contain the hepa filters or the 97% ones?
We forwarded the query to Duxterity - here is their answer:
The same replacement filters are used for both models. The filters for both of the Resp-O-Rators are exactly the same. When you use a single filter (on the Jr. model) twice as much air has to pass through it and the filtration efficiency drops just a little. It’s actually 98% but we say 97% just to be safe.
With the two filter system on the bigger model, HEPA quality, a minimum of 99.97% at 0.3 microns is attained. This is the best filtration made.
This is explained in the replacement filter instruction sheet contained inside each filter package.
Hope this will answer your questions. Please let us know if you need further explanation.